In modern BI development, a data lakehouse combines the flexibility and cost-efficiency of data lakes with data warehouse data management and ACID transactions, enabling BI and ML on all data. As a BI or Data Professional, you want to feel comfortable developing modern data lakehouses in the Microsoft Azure Cloud stack. To learn all these tips & tricks of data lakehousing with Databricks on Azure, element61 hosts this Modern BI development training.
This training program is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required for data lakehousing with Databricks on Azure. The program promises to cover a wide range of topics and is set to equip participants with the practical skills needed to excel in their field. We will review Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse principles and how they are best supported in the Cloud. The focus is on the detailed use of Databricks for data lakehousing but similarly recaps the other relevant BI Azure resources such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage gen2, Key Vault & Power BI.
Duration & Agenda
This training is a 1-day training covering end-to-end data lakehouse development through Databricks.
- What is a data lakehouse, and how is it different from a classic data warehouse?
- What is Delta Lake and what is the role of the medallion architecture in a data lakehouse?
- How can I set up & design ingestion scripts in a Modern Data Platform with Azure Data Factory and Databricks?
- How can I leverage Lakehouse's best practices in data transformations, including table creation and catalog & schema setup?
- What is unity catalog, and how can a metastore and governance strategy be designed?
- What are the options for performance tuning in Databricks, including cluster design and Delta Lake?
After this course, you will know all the basics on how to start new data warehouse development in Azure and reflect on migration from on-premise data warehousing to the Azure Cloud.
You are an (aspirant) BI professional with knowledge of data modelling & data warehouse development. You know SQL or Python, and you have a notion of dimensional data concepts.
Note: For aspirants in BI & data warehousing, we highly recommend following the Data-dimensional Training prior to this Databricks training.
You are looking to know what's what in the Azure Cloud and get some practical tips (rather than reading online documentation)
Note: we recommend all participants follow the Azure Fundamentals training before this Databricks training as it gives a broad overview of Azure Cloud, resources & cloud data analytics concepts & key resources.
The training consists of plenary lecturing with a hands-on lab environment. The course can be taught in both English or Dutch, also on-site at the customers' premises.
675 € per participant per day
More information or registration? contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete overview of all courses, visit our academy page.