SAP is supporting your journey of a BW/4HANA migration, by providing built-in tools for migrating SAP BW (on HANA or not) to BW/4HANA:
- HANA database sizer
- SAP BW migration cockpit for SAP HANA : if it is also required to migrate your database to HANA
- SAP BW Note Analyzer : a tool that analyzes your SAP BW system pre-migration, and proposes a list of notes or support pack upgrades to be executed before migration can start.
- BW/4HANA Transfer Cockpit : When notes are implemented through the BW note analyzer, this is accessible through transaction RSB4HCONV. The cockpit provides you with an overview over the different tools available in the prepare and realization phase. This will the main interface where you will execute the scope transfer.
- BW/4HANA Conversion Control : tool to determine which objects are supported or can be converted to SAP BW/4HANA.
- SAP Query checker : Some old query features are no longer supported in 7.40 and beyond (including BW/4HANA). This tool checks the queries in your system and shows the queries that contain problematic features.
- APD Transfer Tool : tool can be used to convert APD processes in SAP BW into process chains in BW/4HANA
- Custom code analyzer : this tool analyzes your implementations of custom ABAP code, and mentions whether manual interventions will be necessary after migration to BW/4HANA
Transfer Standard Authorizations : tool to convert standard authorizations in BW/4HANA counterparts
These tools will assist you very well in performing an as-is migration, but will not optimize your dataflows for execution in BW/4HANA. To reap the full benefits of BW/4HANA, element61 will assist you in creating a plan that will optimize your flows in BW/4HANA.
We will start with an assessment of your current BW system, in order to select areas where ETL optimisation is highly desirable. Migration to BW/4HANA should not only be considered as a pure migration project, but also as an opportunity to build a modern datawarehouse. Element61 can assist you in designing the to-be architecture of your BW/4HANA datawarehouse.
The outcome of the assessment will also result in a detailed migration plan, in which we take into account SAP's migration toolset, and select the appropriate migration method : in-place, remote or shell conversion.
During the execution of the project, as-is migration activities and ETL optimization development will happen in parallel. During the testing phase, we will ensure automated testing where possible using the latest HANA technology. The go-live of the BW/4HANA system can be preceded by a parallel run if a remote or shell conversion is selected.
At element61, we deliver both pre- and post-migration support so your migration project runs smoothly.
For any information on SAP BW/4HANA Migration, please contact us !