SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence
In 2007 SAP acquired and integrated BusinessObjects, to offer a complete Business Intelligence solution within their extensive product suite.
BusinessObjects was until 2007 an independent French software company specialized in Business Intelligence. Over the years BusinessObjects has grown from a niche player for reporting towards one of the main players in the business intelligence market, offering a complete solution set and a wide variety of programs. Some programs have been developed in house at BusinessObjects, other are the result of mergers and acquisitions by BusinessObjects (e.g. Crystal Reports, Crystal Xcelsius, Acta software, Cartesis, etc.)
Since 2009, BusinessObjects has become a division of SAP. The integration of BusinessObjects products within the business intelligence part of SAP have become clearer and more resulted into a new name for the product suite, next to the business intelligence stack: The Business Analytics solutions.
Within SAP BusinessObjects business analytics solutions, several product focuses can be detected:
- Business intelligence (BI)
- Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions
- Data Warehouse (DWH) solutions
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) solutions
With these products, SAP BusinessObjects has become one of the main players within the business intelligence product market, with a specific product for almost any specific business information & analysis task.
SAP BusinessObjects 4.2 includes the following products:
- SAP Crystal reports : the toolset for fixed reporting
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence : for analytical and graphical analysis based on the semantic layer
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis for Office: for digging deeper into business data, manipulate it, identify trends and share findings
- SAP BusinessObjects Data Services : integration and qualification of the data between source systems
Today, SAP BusinessObjects Front-end tools can be grouped in three main categories:
- Data Discovery and Applications
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Office Integration
- BusinessObjects Analysis for Office
- BusinessObjects WebIntelligence
- BusinessObjects Crystal Reports
element61 has solid experience with the latest BI front-end tools, invests in following the trends on the market and SAPs roadmap towards front-end tools portfolio simplification. We advise our customers on various BI tools, their purposes, comparative analysis, and help customers with the proper product selection.
element61 has extensive experience with the most recent versions of these solutions, and a specific expertise on how these technologies are able to integrate and interoperate in a broader Performance Management platform. All those competences are bundled in a dedicated SAP BI & PM Competence Center with senior consultants with in average between 8- and 10-years’ experience.
In this section you can discover what the SAP BusinessObjects technology can offer you to support your business as well as our services for designing, implementing or auditing your SAP BusinessObjects Performance Management architecture. element61 can help you in upgrading, migrating or the performance tuning of your environment. We also provide senior best practices, training and coaching services.
Contact us to learn more about SAP Business Objects.