element61 values the protection of your privacy and aims at processing your personal data in a transparent and discreet way and in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR). This Statement explains how and why element61 Belgium (company number 0888.581.168) and its associated companies (hereinafter jointly referred to as ‘element61’) process your personal data within the meaning of the Belgian Companies Code.
1. What is personal data?
Personal data is any information relating to identified or identifiable natural persons.
2. Which type of data do we collect?
Personal data is collected only if you have decided to provide it to us. The information is used for performing the services offered by element61. Personal data is not used for any other purpose, unless you give us permission to do so or element61 is required to do so by law. The personal data collected by element61 may include: name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number, home address, family situation (marital status, dependants), financial Information and other similar information.
3. The legal bases for processing personal data
element61 will process personal data only on either of the following legal bases:
- Performance of the contract: the personal data that is processed is necessary for performing the services contractually agreed between you and element61.
- Legal obligations: the personal data must be processed so that element61 can meet certain legal obligations.
- Legitimate interests: the personal data may be processed if that is in element61’s legitimate interest for adequate and lawful performance of its business activities, provided that your interests do not override our legitimate interests.
The Data Subject’s consent: you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data.
4. Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data to ensure that we can provide the services requested by you and to improve our services. Your personal data is also used for direct marketing activities if you have indicated that you wish to be informed thereof. The data processing method may vary depending on the service provided to you by element61.
Furthermore, your personal data may be used to meet legal requirements and for administrative purposes (accounting, invoicing).
5. Website Terms and Conditions of Use
6. With whom do we share your personal data?
- Your data will be used only within element61. Apart from the exceptions listed below, your data will not be shared with third parties.
- Your data may be shared with third parties if you have given us explicit consent to do so.
- Your personal data will be shared with third parties – for instance service providers – if that is necessary for performing our activities. element61 only does business with renowned partners.
- Your data may be shared with third parties if element61 is legally required to do so, for instance by the Tax Administration.
- Your data may be shared with other members of the element61 network if that is necessary for administrative purposes or to fulfil professional services to clients.
In the event of a reorganisation within the company or the sale of any element61 entity to another organisation, element61 may disclose personal data related to the sale or other transfer of the company to which the data relates.
Under no circumstances will your data be shared with third parties for commercial purposes.
7. How do we secure your data?
To secure your personal data, element61 takes all reasonable and appropriate technical and administrative safety measures. This prevents unauthorised access, accidental destruction and modification of data as well as data breach to the largest extent possible. We constantly improve our systems to ensure that we can guarantee data security. Nevertheless, no system or procedure can offer absolute protection against the aforementioned risks. By providing your personal data to element61 you acknowledge and accept this.
8. How long do we keep your personal information?
element61 keeps your data no longer than is necessary for performing its services, unless we are required to keep them for an extended period to comply with legal obligations.
9. What are your rights?
9.1. Right to access
You have the right to obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and you have the right to access that data. Prior to giving you access to the data element61 may ask you for proof of your identity.
9.2. Right to rectification
You have the right to rectification, free of charge, of any data concerning yourself that is incorrect or incomplete.
9.3. Right of erasure
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. If we erase your personal data, certain services offered by element61 can no longer be provided.
9.4. Right to restrict processing
You have the right to block or restrict the processing of your personal data. If processing is restricted, element61 may store the data, but no longer process it further.
9.5. Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in three specific cases:
- processing of data based on legitimate interests, the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority;
- direct marketing;
- processing of data for scientific or historical research and statistical purposes.
9.6. Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you have the right to transmit the data in that format to another controller.
9.7. The right to file a complaint
element61 aims at processing your data in the most transparent and correct way possible. If you should have the feeling that something is not right nonetheless, you can always contact our Data Protection Officer at the email address email@example.com.
In addition, you have the right to file a complaint with the
Belgian Data Protection Authority at
Rue de la Presse, 35
Phone: +32 2 274 48 00
Fax: +32 2 274 48 35
10. Changes to this Statement
element61 will evaluate this Statement from time to time and change it as necessary. The date of any changes will be indicated on the dedicated website page. We invite you to check our Privacy Statement regularly. Any substantial changes will be notified through the website.
11. Questions ?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please don’t hesitate to contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.