IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence is the successful successor of Cognos Series 7. IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence is a completely reengineered, integrated and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)-based Business Intelligence platform including adhoc query, reporting, OLAP & analysis, scorecarding, dashboarding, alerting & notification, search and mobile BI functionality, building on the originally in 2003 released Cognos ReportNet.
IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence consists out of a set of studios allowing to get a fast and efficient access to data in order to have a better insight of the key information assets of your organization.
- Cognos Report Studio to author advanced reports and share them with the rest of the organization.
- Cognos Analysis Studio to perform in depth analysis on dimensionally modelled information or OLAP sources in order to better understand the information and the sources and consequences of the defined KPIs.
- Cognos Query Studio provides simple and easy to use querying functionalities to be able to provide access to the data to anyone within the organization.
- Cognos Metrics Studio to define and build advanced scorecards and share them with the rest of the organization in order to track and measure the evolution and trends of the key KPIs within the organisation.
- Cognos Connection is a secured, simple and zero foot print web portal in order to grant access to all the developed reports and analysis to the largest audience possible so the information is consumed from a single source through the entire organisation.
- Cognos Framework Manager provides relational and dimensional modelling capabilities in order to prepare and transform the data to be used later on in reports and advanced analysis.
- Cognos Data Manager is a basic and easy to use data integration tool.
element61 has the most experienced Cognos team in the local marketplace with most of its consultants having over 8 years of experience with the Cognos Business Intelligence technology. Over the last years element61 has been involved in several architecture definition, implementation or migration projects allowing us to develop an extensive experience in the reporting and analysis areas, metrics and scorecarding implementation and advanced Framework modelling. From that experience we have derived sets of best practices and methodologies in order to leverage the benefits of the technological investment made.
element61 has a particular focus, next to new deployments, on performance tuning, migration & upgrading from prior versions and integration of Cognos 8 BI with other IBM (like Information Analyzer and QualityStage) and Cognos CPM technologies (like Cognos Planning, Cognos Controller, Cognos TM/1, ) and integration with broader ICT components from other vendors like IBM (including DB/2 and AS/400-iSeries environments), Microsoft (SQL Server, Analysis Services, ), Oracle (RDBMS) and SAP ECC 6.0, SAP R/3 and SAP Business Warehouse.
Contact us to learn more about IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence!