SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) - also known as SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence (SAP BI) - is the name of the Business Intelligence, analytical, reporting and Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW) solution of SAP.
SAP BW consists amongst of components for the integration, transformation, consolidation, clean-up, and storage of data, extensive data modelling capabilities, an embedded analytical engine, a suite of front-end analytical tools such as the BusinessObjects Platform, operational tools used for importing the most current transactional data into the system and managing the data warehouse processes, a Metadata Repository, and special analysis processes such as data mining.
SAP shares its deep knowledge of the most varied business and industrial applications with its users. This knowledge, which helps users to make their decisions, is available as BI Content. The high degree to which SAP applications are integrated with SAP NetWeaver BI enables you to use preconfigured, role-based information models of BI Content for analysis, reporting and planning. BI Content provides the relevant BI objects for selected roles within a company, from extraction to analysis, in an understandable, consistent model. BI Content thus permits you to introduce SAP NetWeaver BI efficiently and cost-effectively in your company. It is delivered by SAP and can be used either directly or as a template to be adapted to customer needs.
SAP HANA has been added to the EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) -platform. SAP HANA is an in-memory data platform that is deployable as an on-premise appliance, or in the cloud. It is a data platform that's best suited for performing real-time analytics, developing and deploying real-time applications.
Enterprise Data Warehouses (EDW) traditionally has three purposes:
- Consolidating data from disparate systems into homogeneous objects designed with online analytical processing (OLAP) in mind, leveraging a common set of standards and master data
- Ensuring that the OLAP workload would not interfere with SAP ERPs job of executing business transactions (to do this, BW and ERP typically ran on separated databases with their own application servers)
- Ensuring that response times would be reasonable (to achieve this, traditional data warehouses store data in aggregated forms)
In those cases where a customer needs Enterprise Data Warehouse processes, SAPs standard solution is SAP BW on HANA, extended by native SAP HANA Data Warehousing capabilities or SAP BW/4HANA.
We are experienced and happy to assist our clients with the latest EDW technologies and related services:
- SAP BW on HANA, BW/4HANA
- Object Oriented ABAP
- SAP HANA, SQL Script, HANA Live
- HANA implementations and consulting
- HANA testing and data migration
- Planning and Roadmaps toward SAP HANA based technologies
element61 has many years of experience with SAP BW with a particular focus on migrating the several 7.x versions towards BW/4HANA. element61 has proven track record in design & performance tuning, data governance processes, mixed scenarios between SAP BW & SAP HANA and the integration with modern presentation tools such as BusinessObjects or Fiori apps.
Contact us for more information on SAP Business Warehouse and SAP HANA!