Course description and Duration
TimeXtender is a great data warehouse / data estate automation solution. It’s a no code / low code environment in which the developer can create a data warehouse up to 80% faster.
TimeXtender uses Microsoft technology in the back :
- On Prem
- SQL Server / SSIS / SSAS
- Azure SQL DB, Azure DataLake gen2, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Server, Azure Synapse
The advantage of using TimeXtender is that you don’t have to know all these tools in depth. TimeXtender uses these components where they fit best and generates best practices code when using them.
In this 3 day instructor led course you’ll get an introduction in all basic features TimeXtender has to offer to build your data warehouse / data estate.
- Demo TimeXtender
- Data Warehouse Introduction (optional – see separate element61 course)
- TimeXtender Basics
- Operational Data Exchange
- ODX Overview
- Data Sources
- Deployment & Execution
- Modern Data Warehouse
- Modern Data Warehouse overview
- Data Staging Area overview
- System Fields
- Sprint 1 – Product Model & Sales Orders
- Table Relationships
- Conditional Lookups
- Add New Fields
- Sprint 2 – Product Category
- 2-step Denormalization
- Field Validations
- Transformations with conditions
- Handling nulls
- Date Table
- Sprint 3 – Customer Dimensions
- Data Selection Rule
- SQL Snippets
- Sprint 4 – Optimize MDW
- Surrogate Keys
- Handle null surrogate keys
- Relationships in the MDW
- History & Slowly Changing Dimensions
- Incremental Load
- Views, Tracing and Documentation
- Execution Packages
- Semantic Models
- Azure options and ODX Server
- Final Exercise
- Q & A
The training is organised as knowledge transfer (facilitated with slides/demo) with hands-on exercises.
During the training you will build an entire TimeXtender project using a personalized TimeXtender environment we've setup for you. On request we can even give you access to your environment for a longer time so you can practice whenever you want (extra costs will be charged for using the Azure Labs environment).
1.800 € per participant for the 3 days
More information ?
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete overview of all courses, visit our academy page.