Data Engineering Learning Path
As a Data Engineer you want to have all the skills needed to extract data, transform data & load data in a modern data platform. You want to be able to support both data warehousing as well as pure data engineering use-cases incl. streaming, ML deployments and CICD.
As element61, we know the core skills needed for Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure Cloud and we have combined different trainings into a learning path which give you the essential Data Engineer skills.
Any of the trainings can be followed separately but preceding trainings will give you the essential skills that are required as prerequisites for any following trainings.
In this data engineering learning path we allow for two options for the final course; a choice which choice be based on the main data engineering toolkit set in your organization's architecture. Trainees are invited to choose in line with the main data warehousing-development toolkit used in their architecture.
- In the Azure Synapse Analytics we focus on all skills needed to do modern data warehouse development & data engineering using SQL (in Azure Synapse Dedicated Pools & Serverless). This fits for teams currently migration their SQL-data warehouse to Azure Cloud & envisioning to mainly use SQL in their ELT jobs
- In the Azure Databricks we focus on enabling professionals which embrace a Python, Scala or Spark SQL-enabled skill set for writing data jobs & transformations (incl. data warehousing).
Click on any of the blocks to go to the detailed training page with all relevant information.
This learning path starts twice per year (typically in January & September) and runs over a period of 4 months with typically:
- Month 1: Dimensional Data Modeling training (2 days)
- Month 2: Azure Fundamentals for Data Professionals (2 days)
- Month 2 or 3: Azure DevOps Basics (1 day)
- Month 3: Azure Synapse Analytics or Programming with Databricks (1 day)
- € 3.500 per participant for 6 full days of trainings
Interested to know more?
For more information, please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you more details and practicals.
This training path can also be hosted in-company. For more information, reach out to our academy address.
The full element61 Training schedule (incl. when which training runs) can be found here.