Course description and Duration
TimeXtender is a great data warehouse / data estate automation solution. It’s a no code / low code environment in which the developer can create a data warehouse up to 80% faster.
TimeXtender uses Microsoft technology in the back :
- On Prem
- SQL Server / SSIS / SSAS
- Azure SQL DB, Azure DataLake gen2, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Server, Azure Synapse
The advantage of using TimeXtender is that you don’t have to know all these tools in depth. TimeXtender uses these components where they fit best and generates best practices code when using them.
During our history of implementing TimeXtender projects, we’ve build a set of best practices.
In this 1 day training we’ll be covering these guidelines and show how to implement them in your TimeXtender projects. Next to the best practices we’ll also cover some more advanced features of TimeXtender.
- Best Practices on
- Naming Conventions
- Project setup / template
- Database connection setup (filesize, growth, time-outs, connection-string)
- Incremental load options / trigger full loads
- Conditional lookups
- Surrogate Key handling
- Dummy Records creation
- Semantic model setup / Tabular Model optimizations
- Project perspectives / Dynamic perspectives
- Security setup
- Execution packages
- ODX Server / Data Selection Rules (Data Staging Area)
- Advanced TimeXtender features
- Target based incremental (marked as deprecated feature but still very useful)
- Multiple field based conditional lookups
- Aggregate Tables
- Table Inserts
- Add Related records
- Project variables
- Use of the REST API
The training is organised as knowledge transfer (facilitated with slides/demo).
625 € per participant for 1 day
More information ?
For more information, contact email@example.com
For a complete overview of all courses, visit our academy page.