Simplification in BW/4HANA 1.0 was mainly related to data models; architecture reduced to 4 modelling objects and extended use of virtual data flows.
BW/4HANA 2.0 brings additional features with regards to:
- User Interface
- Web admin cockpit more complete. It is central point for administration, maintenance, authorizations, process chains
- More simplified search capabilities
- Notifications if process chain has failed
- Web-based master data maintenance
- More statistics on data volume based on CDS Views
- Direct upload for test scenarios
- Direct update of DSO, external services can write directly to DSO.
- The same is true for SAP Cloud Platform integration (APIs available); built applications and these apps write data to BW
- Query conditions (e.g. TopN, BottomN) now executed in HANA directly
- Dedicated performance for SAC
- Support for additional chart types with SAC Live connection (e.g. Waterfall, geospatial)
- Support for several external storage destinations
At element61, we deliver both pre- and post-upgrade support so your upgrading & migration project runs smoothly. For any information on SAP BW/4HANA Migration, please contact us!