Project planning & simulation with SAP BPC in Real Estate
With the global roll out of SAP ECC on HANA throughout the company to support the financial and operational processes, Matexi needed a planning solution in order to plan & track their projects in detail from buying the land up to the sale. Being able to implement changes to the project (e.g. not building houses, but building an apartment on a bigger or smaller plot, shifting milestones…) and simulate with them was a key point next to ease of use of the tool by the people in the field.
The planning solution has been implemented using BPC 10.1 standard on HANA.
The Matexi IRR project planning project provides Matexi the possibility to:
- Plan projects on a very low level with minimum amount of user input due to maximum amount of automation (calculations, allocations, data loads).
- Track the project status on a daily basis (actuals & automatically updated forecast) keeping an eye on key KPI's like IRR (profitability)
- Perform simulations to see easily the effect of certain business decisions (i.e. build in different phases, use plot of land for various purposes..)
- Report on any project level to ensure maximum visibility
- Have an automated cashflow immediately available within the planning process
- Automatic drill down to transactional level of data coming from SAP RE, CO & PS