Data Science and Data Engineering go hand-in-hand and a good Data Scientist has solid data engineering skills. During your first 18 months in this mixed Junior position, you'll get a rapid learning and hands-on curve working on the broad Analytics domains. You'll build Data Pipelines, set up Data Platforms, do CICD, build ML models, do feature engineering, do visualization exercises and much more. This Junior position is a great opportunity to learn what it takes to do Analytics from end to end.
Our job offer is there to reflect a mixed Data Scientist/Engineer position: i.e. one where we’ll be asking you to crunch data with the objective to build machine learning models and to embed them in end-to-end applications to production.
As a Data Scientist/Engineer, you aim to work hands-on to deliver data-driven platforms, machine learning models & applications. Every mission we’ll embark on will have concrete deliverables and a deadline. This means that we can guarantee you a variety of engagements across clients & industries: e.g. one month you might be working on a predictive maintenance modelling and, another month, on a churn model for a marketing client.
You’ll be responsible for
(1) platform set-up
(2) data gathering and preparation
(3) research on what type of models to use
(4) the ML modelling itself.
You will work (standalone or in team) with clients (~50% of the time at the client) and have a responsibility for managing project timeline, status meetings and client coaching & training.
- Build data platforms (data engineering) with Azure and Databricks
- Develop data pipelines & predictive/machine learning models in Python
- Guide customers towards translating their use case or business idea in platform architectures and machine learning techniques & models
- Act as a Data Science Expert on latest machine learning & AI trends
- Be a thought partner for client Data Science teams in tackling their specific challenges, limitations & ambitions through machine learning
- Inspire customers with insights and opportunities on new data-driven use cases
- Act as a Data Engineering Expert bringing best-practices of Git, DevOps & CICD to the customer's data platform
- Embrace project management aimed towards getting the job done. This will include working with client Data Scientists, Data Engineers but also Business Stakeholders
- Be an on- and offline ambassador for the element61 team
Being a Data Scientist/Engineer at element61 means you will work with businesses and executives in Belgium helping them to understand the impact of (big) data, analytics, machine learning & artificial intelligence. As time passes, we’ll encourage you to build a functional expertise within a business or technical domain within your interest such as ad-tech, deep learning, digital marketing, predictive maintenance or other.
- You are already residing in Belgium
- University degree in Computer Science or (Business) Engineering and/or a specialized master in Machine Learning or AI which reflects in
- Knowledge about machine learning approaches and the variety of models which exist & their application area (e.g., SVM, RNN, Deep learning)
- Knowledge about Data Science basics including sampling and the various evaluation metrics
- Fluent in SQL and Python
- No working experience required; any experience can be a plus
- Knowledge on Spark and/or any Cloud ecosystem (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud) considered a plus
- Passionate about data, machine learning technology & applications and eager to learn
- Enthusiastic about being part of a growing team & industry
- Fluent in English, Dutch or French is a plus
Are you interested in this opportunity?
Send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org