Junior Data Scientist/Engineer
We live in a data-driven world where data can be leveraged for reporting & analyses but also for data-driven products and applications. To support the latter, we are looking for extra people to join the data science team.
Role descriptions like Data Scientist are broadly used for reporting tasks & analyst tasks. Our job offer is there to reflect a mixed data scientist/engineering position: i.e. one where we’ll be asked you to crunch data with the objective to build machine learning models and to embed them in applications end-to-end to production.
Data Science and Data Engineering go hand-in-hand and a good data scientists knows solid data engineering skills. As such - as a Junior - you'll get in your first 18 months a rapid learning & hands-on curve working on both domains: you'll build ML models, do feature engineering but similarly also set-up data pipelines, the data platform and do the CICD. This junior position is a great opportunity to learn end-to-end what it takes to put data science in production.
As a data scientist/engineer, you aim to work hands-on to deliver data-driven platforms, machine learning models & applications. Every mission we’ll embark will have concrete deliverables and a deadline; this means we can guarantee you a variety of engagements across clients & industries: e.g. one month you might work on a predictive maintenance modelling, another month you might work on a churn model for a marketing client.
You’ll be responsible for (1) platform set-up, (2) data gathering and preparation (3) research on what type of models to use and (3) the ML modelling itself. You will work (standalone or in team) with clients (~50% of the time at the client) and have a responsibility on managing project timeline, status meetings and client coaching & training.
- Build data platforms (data engineering) with Azure and Databricks
- Develop data pipelines & predictive/machine learning models in Python
- Guide customers towards translating their use-case or business idea in platform architectures and machine learning techniques & models
- Act as data science expert on latest machine learning & AI trends
- Be a thought-partner for client data science teams in tackling their specific challenges, limitations & ambitions through machine learning
- Inspire customers with insights, opportunities on new data-driven use-cases
- Act as data engineering expert bringing best-practices of Git, DevOps & CICD to the customer's data platform.
- Embrace project management aimed towards getting the job done. This will include working with client data scientists, data engineers but also business stakeholders
- Be an on- and offline ambassador for the element61 team
Being a data scientist/engineer at element61 means you will work with businesses and executives in Belgium helping them to get a grip on the impact of (big) data, analytics, machine learning & artificial intelligence. As time passes, we’ll encourage you to build a functional expertise within a business or technical domain within your interest such as ad-tech, deep learning, digital marketing, predictive maintenance or other.
- You are already residing in Belgium
- University degree in Computer Science or (Business) Engineering and/or a specialized master in Machine Learning or AI which reflects in
- Knowledge about machine learning approaches and the variety of models which exist & their application area (e.g., SVM, RNN, Deep learning)
- Knowledge about data science basics including sampling and the various evaluation metrics
- Fluent in SQL and Python
- No working experience required; any experience can be a plus
- Knowledge on Spark and/or any Cloud ecosystem (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud) considered a plus
- Passionate about data, machine learning technology & applications and eager to learn
- Enthusiasm to be part of a growing team & industry
- Fluent in English, Dutch or French is a plus
Are you interested in this opportunity?
Send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter to email@example.com