You are here
SQL Server 2016 Integration Services
SQL Server 2014 didn’t bring any new features to Integration Services (SSIS). But with SQL Server 2016, SSIS is expanded with yet new features and capabilities. We can divide these in 2 groups:
Manageability & Usability
- Better support for AlwaysOn Availability Groups. SSIS also supports the new Always Encrypted feature.
- Incremental deployment is possible, as opposed to the project-only deployment of SSIS 2012 and 2014.
- The ability to define custom logging levels in the SSIS catalog. This gives you better control over which events are logged.
- It’s easier to detect which columns cause errors in the data flow.
- Configuration of the data flow performance has been improved.
- Control flow parts are introduced. This feature enables you to create tasks that can easily be re-used in other packages.
- The ability to create and maintain SSIS projects for SQL Server 2012, 2014 and 2016 in SQL Server Data Tools (Visual Studio 2015).
- Enhanced support for Big Data and Cloud sources, such as Hadoop, HDInsight, Azure Blob Storage and so on.
- Updated connectors for SAP BW
- New connectors for Oracle and Teradata
Contact us for more information on Microsoft SQL Server2016 Integration Services.