Course description and Duration
During this 2-days coaching workshop you will be guided step-by-step to get acquainted with the capabilities of Microsoft Power BI. It will enable you to get started with Power BI, build your own dashboards, reports and visualize the data within your company and turn it into insights.
- Basics and getting started – day 1
- Best Practices and Tips & Tricks – day 2
Day 1 - Basics and getting started with small, guided exercises to learn everything step by step
- Intro & Getting started with Power BI – Self Service
- Power BI Basics
- Getting Data
- Modeling Basics for a Star Schema
- Transforming Data with Power Query and using Applied Steps
- Reporting Themes
- Power BI Measures & Advanced – Enterprise Ready
- Exploring Data
- DAX measures
- Publishing and Sharing Reports and Dashboards
- Advanced Slicers
Day 2 - Best Practices and Tips & Tricks accompanied with one big, guided exercise to cover all the topics
- Naming Conventions
- Using Correct Datatypes
- Hide Unnecessary Columns
- Calendar Table and Role-Playing Dimensions
- Time Intelligence DAX Functions
- Measure Table
- Power BI Preview Features’
- Dynamic Slicers
- Dynamic Titles
- Show Icon in Power BI
- Advanced Drill troughs
- Custom Tooltips
- Advantages of Grouping in Combination with Bookmarks
- Advanced DAX measures
- Introduction to New Visuals
This workshop is intended towards business professionals that want to go beyond the capabilities of Excel and start using the rich functionality of Power BI to get to fast and easy insight into their data.
The workshop is organized as knowledge transfer with hands-on exercises.
1.350 € per participant for the two days
More information ?
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete overview of all courses, visit our academy page.