Azure Data Engineer
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to help us tackle complex data analytics projects end-to-end in Microsoft Azure. As part of a project data science team, you’ll be in charge to set up, design and develop data architectures & platforms.
We live in a data-driven world where data can be leveraged for reporting & analyses but also for data-driven products and applications. To support the latter, we are looking for extra people to join the data science team.
Data, analytics and innovation go hand-in-hand. The Data Science and Strategy team at element61 works with clients in helping them understand the impact of (big) data, digital & analytics on their business model, defining a compelling strategy and getting the job done. You’ll be part of a mixed team of data strategists, engineers & data scientists and help our clients from strategy, over proof-of-concept to a full-blown platform.
Who is element61?
We are an entrepreneurial team of 60 people focused on Data Analytics and providing consultancy to Belgian organizations. As part of a large group, i.e. Moore Stephens Belgium, we have offices in Brussels, Antwerp and Ghent and regional offices in all province cities of Flanders.
At element61 we are passionate about Data & Analytics and we don't do anything else. We work primarily with Microsoft, SAP, IBM and Open-source technologies and have a team ranging of newly-started youngsters to experienced hires with >20 years of experience.
As a data engineer, you aim to work hands-on in designing & creating data architectures for the machine learning solutions we build. Every mission we’ll embark in will have concrete deliverables and a deadline; this means we can guarantee you a variety of engagements across clients & industries.
You’ll be responsible for
(1) designing & building data architectures including the design & set-up of scalable (big) data lakes (full cloud or hybrid cloud), scheduled transformations & data governance
(2) working hand-in-hand with the data scientist deploying machine learning as scalable API services in a perfect fit with the data architecture
(3) assisting the project team in deploying data applications including, if needed, close-to real-time architectures
You will work (standalone or in team) with clients and have a responsibility on managing project timeline, status meetings and client coaching & training.
Your overall responsibilities:
- Architect, develop and deploy (both hybrid cloud & full cloud) data architectures in Microsoft Azure
- Act as data engineer expert on latest trends in the data analytics landscape and share best practices with the internal team
- Leverage Open Source technology in building scalable and best-practice set-ups
- Inspire customers with insights & opportunities on new data-driven use-cases
- Work with external vendors and partner technologies including (but not limited to) Azure
- Embrace project management aimed towards getting the job done. This will include working with client data engineers and data scientists but also business stakeholders
- Be an on- and offline ambassador for the element61 innovation team
Being a data engineer at element61 means you will work with businesses and executives in Belgium helping them to get a grip on the impact of (big) data, analytics, machine learning & artificial intelligence. As time passes, we’ll encourage you to build a functional expertise within a business or technical domain within your interest such as Spark, Kubernetes, Apache, or others
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering and/or a technically oriented field
- Strong in Linux
- 2 years of experience with Big data technologies (Spark, HDFS, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Apache Airflow)
- 2 years of experience with Real-time technologies (Azure Functions, Spark Streaming,…)
- Knowledge on the open-source Big Data Ecosystem (Apache Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) and/or the IaaS or PaaS Ecosystem (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS) considered a plus
- Deep knowledge of SQL and excellent coding skills (Python, additional programming skills such as Scala, Java, C++ or C# considered a plus)
- No working experience required; any experience can be a plus
- Passionate about machine learning technology & applications and eager to learn
- Enthusiasm to be part of a growing team & industry
- Fluent in English. Dutch or French can count as a strenght.