We live in a data-driven world where data can be leveraged for reporting & analyses but also for data-driven products and applications. To support the latter, we are looking for extra people to join the data science team.
We are looking for a experience data engineer to help us tackle complex data analytics projects end-to-end. As part of a project data science team, you’ll be in charge to set up, design and develop data architectures & platforms.
Data, analytics and innovation go hand-in-hand. The innovation team at element61 works with clients in helping them understand the impact of (big) data, digital & analytics on their business model, define a compelling strategy and get the job done. You’ll be part of a mixed team of data strategists, engineers & data scientists and help our clients from strategy, over proof-of-concept to a full-blown platform.
As a data engineer, you aim to work hands-on in designing & creating data architectures for the machine learning solutions we build. Every mission we’ll embark will have concrete deliverables and a deadline; this means we can guarantee you a variety of engagements across clients & industries.
You’ll be responsible
(1) to design & build data architectures including the design & set-up of scalable (big) data lakes (full cloud or hybrid cloud), scheduled transformations & data governance
(2) to work hand-in-hand with the data scientist deploying machine learning as scalable API services in a perfect fit with the data architecture
(3) to assist the project team in deploying data applications including, if need, close-to real-time architectures
You will work (standalone or in team) with clients and have a responsibility on managing project timeline, status meetings and client coaching & training.
- Architect, develop and deploy (both hybrid cloud & full cloud) data architectures
- Act as data engineer expert on latest trends in the data analytics landscape and share best practices with the internal team
- Leverage Open Source technology in building scalable and best-practice set-ups
- Inspire customers with insights & opportunities on new data-driven use-cases
- Work with external vendors and partner technologies including Azure, IBM and Google Cloud
- Embrace project management aimed towards getting the job done. This will include working with client data engineers and data scientists but also business stakeholders
- Be an on- and offline ambassador for the element61 innovation team
Being a data engineer at element61 means you will work with businesses and executives in Belgium helping them to get a grip on the impact of (big) data, analytics, machine learning & artificial intelligence. As time passes, we’ll encourage you to build a functional expertise within a business or technical domain within your interest such as Spark, Kubernetes, Apache, or others
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering and/or a technically oriented field
- Strong in Linux
- 2 years of experience with Big data technologies (Spark, HDFS, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Apache Airflow, Apache Nifi)
- 2 years of experience with Real-time technologies (Kafka, Apache Beam, Spark Streaming,…)
- Knowledge on the open-source Big Data Ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) and/or the IaaS or SaaS Ecosystem (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS) considered a plus
- Deep knowledge of SQL and excellent coding skills (Python, additional programming skills such as Scala, Java, C++ or C# considered a plus)
- No working experience required; any experience can be a plus
- Passionate about machine learning technology & applications and eager to learn
- Enthusiasm to be part of a growing team & industry
- Fluent in English, Dutch or French is a plus